The Indian Premier League is the most popular cricket event that fans will tune in to every year. However, the 2022 edition should be a cricket event that many fans are waiting for with so much excitement. Some changes are expected this year and everyone is excited about the details.
Speaking of details to be released, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has finally confirmed when the 2022 IPL mega auction will take place. Many have speculated that the auction will take place in late December 2021 or early January 2022, but according to a report by Cricket.com, it will take place in the first week of February.
“The IPL 2022 auction is going to be held in the first week of February. The report further said that it will be a matter of two days like 2018 but IPL GC is planning to make it even better this time. Bangalore and Hyderabad have emerged as the two leading cities for the IPL 2022 auction which will be held with a better screening process in mind, ”the report said.
This means, however, that the exact date has not yet been announced. Still, fans are happy to know at least when the auction will take place. The auction is an important event to watch because only then will people know which team will have the best cricketers of today. Fans who like to bet on the cricket and IPL betting app make sure they don’t miss this event to help them decide on their future bets.
Which we know so far
The two new teams, Lucknow and Ahmedabad, are the main reasons for the change in the 2022 IPL. Even before the auction, player retention rules had already been announced and eight teams had already selected their retained players. Here is a list of players held by eight teams:
Royal Challengers Bangalore:
- Virat Kohli (Rs 15 crore)
- Glenn Maxwell (Rs 11 crore)
- Mohammad Siraj (Rs. 6 crore)
- Rohit Sharma (Rs 16 crore)
- Jaspreet Bumrah (Rs 12 crore)
- Suryakumar Yadav (Rs. 8 crore)
- Kieron Pollard (Rs 6 crore)
- Mayank Agarwal (Rs 12 crore)
- Arshdeep Singh (Rs 4 crore)
- Ken Williamson (Rs 14 crore)
- Abdul Samad (Rs 4 crore)
- Omran Malik (Rs 4 crore)
Chennai Super Kings:
- Rabindra Jadeja (Rs 16 crore)
- MS Dhoni (Rs 12 crore)
- Moin Ali (Rs. 8 crore)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad (Rs 6 crore)
- Rishabh Pant (Rs 16 crore)
- Akshar Patel (Rs 9 crore)
- Prithvi Shaw (Rs 7.5 crore)
- Enrich Nortz (Rs 6.5 crore)
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Andre Russell (Rs 12 crore)
- Varun Chakraborty (Rs. 8 crore)
- Venkatesh Iyer (Rs 8 crore)
- Sunil Narine (Rs 6 crore)
- Sanju Samson (Rs 14 crore)
- Jos Butler (Rs 10 crore)
- Yashsvi Jaiswal (Rs. 4 crore)
Meanwhile, the two new teams have been given a draft deadline of December 25. Recent reports, however, suggest that this deadline may be extended. These new teams can draft players who have not been retained by the eight teams, but it is still up to the players to decide whether to sign a new team.
All the teams will get a total purse of Rs 90 crore and since eight teams are already holding players, their purses will be less than the new team. Here is how many teams there are now after retaining players:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Rs 57 crore
- Mumbai Indians: Rs 48 crore
- Punjab Kings: Rs 62 crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: Rs 6 crore
- Chennai Super Kings: Rs 48 crore
- Delhi Capitals: Rs 42.5 crore
- Kolkata Knight Riders: Rs 48 crore
- Rajasthan Royals: Rs 62 crore
When is IPL 2022?
The date of IPL mega auction is not clear yet, it is also in the case of IPL 2022 schedule. However, depending on when the auction takes place, the IPL itself will probably start in March. The venue is still thought to be in India. Given the number of matches, the event will probably have a total of 74 matches.
This is not the first time that IPL will be a matter of ten teams. The last time this happened was in 2011 with the Kochi Taskers and Pune Warriors as part of the league. However, the BCCI’s relationship with these teams was not stable and both teams had to give up. The BCCI is confident of adding more teams to the league this year and this time, they are more precise with the details of the deal.
Tags: 2022 IPL, Indian Premier League, IPL, IPL 2022, IPL Mega Auction